United Collieries implements an Environmental Monitoring Program on site. Specific details of the Program, including monitoring locations, methods and frequency, regulatory criteria and interpretation of monitoring data are provided in the approved Environmental Management Plans and Monitoring Programs.
The Environmental Monitoring Program implemented at United includes monitoring of the following environmental parameters:
- Air quality;
- Meteorological conditions;
- Surface water and groundwater quality;
- Surface water extraction;
- Groundwater extraction;
- Water use on site;
- Water structure storage levels;
- Water transfer between United and Hunter Valley Operations and Wambo mines;
- Coal production; and
- Coal haulage truck movements.
Environmental monitoring reports are assessed on a regular basis by the site Environment and Community Officer. The sites environmental monitoring results will be updated on the United Collieries Website at least on a quarterly basis.
Click here to view environment monitoring reports